EcoChar still contains the mineral ash and fixed carbon which offers great environmental advantages and economic value. EcoChar can hold up to 2.5 times its volume in moisture. It is valuable for improving stability in soil as it is retained in the soil over many hundreds of years, unlike fertilizers which typically require annual application. Based on the characteristics of the fuel being gasified, EcoChar is available in variable qualities and quantities.
Advantages of EcoChar*
• Valuable and carbon-rich: high P, K, Ca and Mg values
• Free from pathogens, E-coli, growth hormones and residues from medication, since they are burned in the gasifier
• It can hold up to 2.5 times its own volume in water
• Increases plant growth and improves performance over time – the 2nd an 3rd year is better than the first
• Increases the water retention properties of soil, so less water is needed to keep the soil moisturized
• Releases the amount of nutrients gradually and hereby lowers the amount of fertilizer and nutrients needed
• Commercial value between € 100 – 800,- per ton, depending on composition and end-use purpose
• Surface (BET): up to 260 m2 /gram
* depending on feed stock
E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at +31 (0) 72-574 59 88.